Nowadays salves are a general word known to our generation because of pollution which makes our hands dry and flaky. For those who do not know what salve is, let us tell you that salve is an ointment that is used to heal damaged hand. Now you must be wondering that the normal lotions do the same then what is the difference between the two. Well a salve is used as a medicine to cure seriously dried and damaged hands, whereas, a lotion can be used as a skin care routine daily. The prime ingredients of salves are oil and beeswax. It reaches deep down the dermis and cure the lower layers of hand as well. On the flip side, a lotion is dilute and helps to moisturize the upper layer of skin only.
A hand salve is made of beeswax and oil and a few essential oils along with vitamin E. not a single drop of water is used in this process. Since water is not added there are no chances of decaying hence no preservatives are added.
This salve is a blessing for dull, dry and pale hands. It has several products that help to cure and nourish your hands. These products are listed below so do have a look at them.
- Sweet almond oil
- Canola oil
- Soybean oil
- Rosemary oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Lavender oil
- Sunflower oil
- Olive oil
After taking a look at its magical ingredients, let us discuss its usage and benefits.
Unique qualities of the product
- Hydrates and heals: it is highly moisturizing and hydrating. It penetrates deep down our skin and cures every problem. The combination of beeswax and oils balances the hydration and stimulates the natural oils in our body. It helps to produce new body cells and soothes the inflamed skin. This product also helps to improve the texture of skin, finish pigmentation, and fairs the skin tone.
- Lasts longer than hand lotions: these salves do not need repetitive application like the normal lotion. Its formula is way too thick to not last a day.
- Low budget: hand salves may cost a few hundred rupees but you need to apply it once a day which will make it last longer. Also the results are more than satisfying so spending a few hundred rupees won’t seem much
- Thick consistency: the thick consistency allows you to apply it only once a day. It might seem like it’s not been absorbed by the skin but it provides extra layer to your skin for protection. It also penetrates deep down so as to repair the dead and dry skin tissues.
- For all genders: men as well as woman can apply this salve as ointment to heal their damaged hands.
- Aroma: as we already know that good smell provides relaxation to our brain. Its aroma is herbal because of the usage of herbs in the manufacturing of this product.
- Sunburn relief: due to our business and work we cannot allow ourselves to stay at home. We need to go out in the scorching sun which may lead to rashes, tanning, and sunburn. Hand salves help to treat this damage and relieve the sunburned skin.
- Used for many purposes: the herbs that are used in manufacturing of this product help to cure not only hands but skin damages of other body parts and well. It can cure dry cuticles, elbows, feet.
- Portable: in case you are traveling and it is not easy to open your bag everywhere, you can carry this salve in your pocket because it comes in the packaging of a small round container.
- Brand: it is a popular and trusted brand. The products are made from natural ingredients that are very beneficial extremely harmless for human use. No harmful chemicals are used by this brand to manufacture any product.
Hereby we want to conclude that a hand salve serves for several purposes unlike the other lotions. do not forget to check the hand cream review